According to Marvin Acuna of the Business Of Show Institute, here are 12 important questions to ask yourself if you want to adapt and thrive in Neo-Hollywood.
1) Are you evolving with the ever-changing landscape of the entertainment industry?
2) Are you part of a screenwriting forum that is sharing business information and/or relationships?
3) Are you part of a business networking group?
4) Are you investing time in public speaking to become a more confident presenter of your ideas?
5) Are you capturing market intelligence so that you can speak in the industry as an informed professional and/or so that you may determine the type of material that is attracting the attention of agents, managers, producers, and executives… in essence, do you know what is selling, being sold, being developed, being made?
6) Are you developing your salesmanship?
7) Are you working on your business or solely in your business? (there is a significant difference)
8) Are you utilizing social media to its fullest potential?
9) Are you being innovative and inventive or are you simply doing the same things you have always done?
10) Are you clearly defining your goals and writing them down?
11) Do trustworthy people in your life know your goals?
12) Are you reviewing your actions to determine if they are working or not working?